How to Apply
Solstice Nurseries exists to provide work experience and training in horticultural nursery work for people who are experiencing mental health problems, been disadvantaged in the labour market and who have a desire to return to or gain open paid employment.
The following guidelines may assist in deciding whether or not a person may benefit from placement:
- Has a mental health diagnosis
- Has been disadvantaged in the labour market
- Is complying with any continuing treatment/medication
- Has access to other support in the community
- Is physically and mentally fit for work experience
- Has a realistic prospect of undertaking further training, work experience, achieving employment or gaining work related activity
Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Council, Social Workers, NHS Occupational Therapists and Community Psychiatric Nurses and any other appropriate source of referral.
Referrers should initially contact Solstice to arrange a visit to the site with the person being referred.
If the person referred is interested in a placement with Solstice, and if approved by the funding agency a placement will be offered. If an application is unsuccessful, the reasons for this decision will be explained to the applicant and referrer. Assistance to identify possible alternative options will be offered.
If successful, the applicant will start on an agreed date for a three-month trial period.